Refer A Child
Interested in becoming part of the Boys Hope Girls Hope family?
Know someone you’d like to nominate for the program?
Use this information as a guide.
Do you know a child or youth who has great potential and needs an opportunity? Nominate him or her to join our program and become a part of the Boys Hope Girls Hope family network. Use this information as a guide.
- Grit, ambition, and motivation coupled with positive goals and a cooperative work ethic
- Capacity to thrive in an academically rigorous setting and complete challenging coursework
- Willingness to adapt to our family-like environment and embrace high expectations for pro-social behavior
- Demonstrated readiness on the part of the guardian to collaborate with program personnel and accompany their child on the journey to academic achievement and personal growth
- Significant need for services, evidenced by community and family risk factors, and lack of access to quality education
Parents/Guardians as Partners
Partnership with parents and guardians is essential to the Boys Hope Girls Hope program. Scholars who join the program are expanding their family to include us. The best support systems include biological and adoptive families, BHGH staff, and mentors from the community.
Although Boys Hope Girls Hope of Greater New Orleans is not a traditional family service agency, many parents and guardians benefit from services provided by the program, including information on, and referral to, community resources, parenting guidance, crisis intervention and informal counseling.
If you are a parent or guardian, and would like more information regarding your relationship with and expectations of Boys Hope Girls Hope, please contact Executive Director, Chuck Roth, at firstname.lastname@example.org.